FLAcyclist.com Forum Index
FLAcyclist.com
South/Central Florida ultracycling.
Reply to topic
Group to share RV and crew
tjordan
Site Admin

I entered this on behalf of Ellen Bone who wrote in a email:

I am doing Sebring 24 hour race next year. See link below for website.

Briefly, there are 12 hour, 24 hour, and RAAM (Race Across America) races conducted at the same time. You go as far as you can in your chosen time and the RAAM qualifier does not allow drafting. I did the 24 hour last year and made plenty of mistakes! For one thing, crew is really important and I thought with a number of interested folks that maybe we could pool resources.

So, I am trying to organize a group of people who are either riding or could be available to crew. And most importantly, I would love to know if someone has or has access to an RV, a small one in the neighborhood of 24' or so. I think that 2 or 3 crew people could support up to 10 riders. The most important time for crew will be the 12 hours at night spent on the racetrack at Sebring. Support vehicles are parked along pit row where riders pass by each lap. The more crew the more fun and easier to keep each other awake!

I think the biggest quality of someone interested is to be upbeat. I am here to tell you that these events really are mental and riders more than anything will need mental support and encouragement in the wee hours. Please contact me if you are interested. See my contact info below.

FYI- Registration is Friday February 17th, and the event starts Saturday February 18 at 6:30 am. http://www.bikesebring.org/schedule.html Thanks so much. See you on the road!

Ellen Bone
ebroadbiker@hotmail.com
prestonjb

Work has me stuck in Berlin and it is screwing up my training.

Currently I still plan to ride the 24 hours but I suspect I will not improve on my past times.

I would be intersted as it would be one less vehicle on the track and I suspect that getting a car/van/truck on the track this year is going to be more difficult.
prestonjb

Any update? there are 6 of us coming up from Ft Lauderdale. 2 of us are doing the 12 hours and then doing support for the 4 of us are continuing on to do the 24 hour.
Group to share RV and crew